Wool AdvantagesThis document provides information about the advantages of wool carpet flooring.
Naturally SuperiorThose with a sense of style - and a sense of value - choose wool carpets and rugs. Why? Because wool simply looks beautiful, longer.
Natural wool ages gracefully, continually renewing itself and developing a rich patina as years pass. While synthetic fibers will become scratched, scarred and dull over time, wool carpets and rugs remain vibrant to the eye and supple to the touch.
Your style demands high design and high performance; natural wool delivers, year after year after year.
Do you know the real story about real wool carpets and rugs?
- What makes wool so desirable? New Zealand wool is the whitest, cleanest, purest wool in the world - the natural choice for natural superiority.
- Wool carpets and rugs are fire safe, providing beautiful peace of mind.
- Wool absorbs contaminants in the air, improving the indoor air quality and helping you breathe easier.
- Real wool will make your home more beautiful; and by its very nature, it can help save the earth.
The Natural ChoiceWool is durable, resilient, affords comfort and safety -- and it's a renewable resource! New Zealand wool is the purest, cleanest, whitest wool in the world. And the better the fiber, the better the carpet.
So whether you choose wool because it is ecological, beautiful or inherently superior to other fibers, it is the natural choice for carpets and rugs in your home or commercial environment. And it doesn't matter if you are on the French Riviera or in the Alps, wool performs wonderfully in all climates!
Wools of New Zealand Brand carpet has a natural advantage -- wool fiber's bulk and resilience. Tested and approved to meet stringent performance criteria, Wools of New Zealand Brand carpet has excellent characteristics, including:
Durability and Appearance Retention
- Proven longevity in countless installations over many years
- Long-term appearance retention
- Recovery from compression
- Natural soil resistance and ease of maintenance
- Superior colour retention and texture recovery
- Resistance to permanent marking by cigarette burns
- Superior sound and heat insulating properties
- Underfoot comfort
- Helps stabilize the relative humidity in buildings by absorbing or releasing moisture
- Proven hygienic safety in medically sensitive areas
- Does not promote the growth of dust mites or bacteria
- Contributes to air purity in buildings by absorbing polluting gases
Creates a Safer Environment
- Inherent fire safety through wool's natural flame-retardant quality
- Meets the most stringent fire regulations
- Walking safety assured by its non-slip and non-abrasive characteristics
Grown in New ZealandWool from New Zealand is a biodegradable and renewable resource produced using methods that are friendly to the environment. It's also naturally durable, flame-retardant and resistant to dirt and crushing. And the absolute whiteness of New Zealand wool allows it to be dyed to the purest, most fashionable colors.
When you select wool carpet for your home, it makes a statement about your sense of style and value. Whether your choice of Wools of New Zealand Brand carpet is based on ecology or aesthetics, it will look and feel great for years to come!