This document provides information about the benefits of carpet flooring.
Advantage Over Hard Floor Coverings
Carpet is a more desirable and practical alternative to hard floor coverings. Why?
- Available in a wider variety of textures, colors and designs
- Non-reflective; does not show scuff marks
- Creates an ambiance of quality; improves the morale of staff, the comfort of guests and the behaviour of visitors.
Superior Sound & Heat Insulating Properties
- One of the most effective acoustical building materials
- Prevents noise generation at floor level without decreasing the quality of projected sound (speech, music, etc.)
- Greatly reduces sound transmitted through floors
- Increases thermal comfort by reducing heat loss through the feet and body heat loss through radiation
- Cushions feet
- Reduces fatigue
Affords Greater Safety
- Reduces the hazard of slipping and injury from falling
- Inherently flame retardant
- Lowers maintenance costs
- Saves on fuel costs and sound insulation materials
||Reinforced Vinyl Tile
|Maintenance of Equipment Allowance
(1) in monetary units, taking the total annual use-cost for carpet as 100